Have you heard of the term “malocclusion”? A malocclusion is a bad bite in which you have misalignments in your jaw or teeth. If you suffer from a malocclusion, an orthodontic treatment may be needed to straighten and strengthen your smile.
Great smiles are possible with malocclusion therapy. Here are some facts about malocclusions:
– When your upper and lower incisors failed to connect when biting down, open bites form.
– If your lower jawbone sticks out past your upper jawbone, it can cause a crossbite
– Overcrowded teeth, too many teeth, and irregular gaps between teeth are called spacing malocclusions.
– An overbite occurs if your upper incisors stick out past your lower incisors.
– When your lower incisors stick out past your upper incisors, that is what is known as an underbite, also called bulldog teeth.
– If your upper incisors fail to align with your lower incisors, you will experience a misplaced midlines.
– Teeth that erupt above the gum line in the wrong space are called transposition malocclusions.
– When teeth are not in their proper location and position, rotation malocclusions can occur.
If you suffer from a malocclusion, contact Salina Creek Dental at 435-529-1000 to see which treatment is right for you. To schedule an examination with Dr. Barry Sorenson and the team at our office in Salina, Utah, please contact us at your earliest convenience. Malocclusions can be corrected, so feel free to come see us.